Avon Insurance Brokers LLC encourages the highest professional and ethical standards in insurance and financial services worldwide.
Employees are obliged to comply with this code. If they do not comply, this may result in Avon taking disciplinary action against the member.
The key values which set the standards for the behavior of all Avon employees in respect of the key stakeholders in section 1 to 5 are:
- Behaving with responsibility and integrity in their professional life and taking into account their wider responsibilities to society as a whole. Acting in a courteous, honest and fair manner towards anyone they deal with. Being trustworthy and never putting their interests or the interests of others above the legitimate interests if their stakeholders;
- Complying with all relevant Laws and meeting the requirements of all applicable regulatory authorities, and appropriate codes of practice and codes of conduct.
- Demonstrating Professional competence and due care including :
- Meeting the technical and professional standards relating to their level of qualification, role and position of responsibility;
- Completing their duties with due skill, care and diligence;
- Uploading Professional standards in all dealings and relationships;
- Respecting the confidentiality of information;
- Applying Objectivity in making professional judgments and in giving opinions and statements, not allowing prejudice or bias or the influence of others to override objectivity.
Members should respect the traditions and cultures of each country in which they operate. They should carry out business in any country according to all applicable local Laws, Rules and Regulations. Where there is a conflict between local custom and the values stated above, the code will act as a guide to help members to act professionally.
A member operating in a professional capacity has duties, arising from these key values to a number of different groups. Within these relationships a member should always act ethically and their behavior and conduct should meet the following principles:
- Give fair and proper consideration and the appropriate priority to the interests and requirements of all customers. Obtain and provide relevant information, including all necessary documentation and respect the confidentiality of information;
- Avoid conflict between personal interests, or the interests of any associated company, person or group of person, and their duties to all customers;
- Avoid conflict between any competing interests of one or more customer(s), stepping aside in one or all matters if such conflicts cannot be resolved;
- Act of all times with due skill, care and diligence;
- Act only within the limits of personal competence and any limits of authorization;
- Act in financially honest and prudent manner, including ensuring the protection of any money and / or property held on behalf of customers;
- Act openly, fairly and respectfully at all times, providing all customers with due respect, consideration and opportunity;
- Be honest and trustworthy with customers and communicate with them in a clear, prompt and appropriate manner;
- Provide suitable and objective recommendations to customers;
- Comply with all Laws and Regulations regarding the supply of goods and services to customers;
- Not provide or accept money, gifts, entertainment, loans or any other benefit or preferential treatment from or to any existing or potential customer or provider, other than occasional gifts, entertainment or remuneration, which are provided as part of accepted business practice, and which are not likely to conflict with duties to customers.
- Avoid conflict between personal interests, or the interests of any associated company or person, and their duty to their employer;
- Not make improper use of information obtained as an employee or disclose or allow to be disclosed, information confidential to their employer;
- Seek to be a responsible employer or employee and be honest and trustworthy at work;
- Act openly, fairly and respectfully at all times, treating other employees, colleagues, customers and suppliers with equal respect, consideration and opportunity;
- Aim to take every opportunity to improve their professional capability, knowledge and skills;
- Accurately and completely account for and report in employer records all business dealing;
- Not provide or accept money, gifts, entertainment, , loans or any other benefit or preferential treatment from or to any existing or potential supplier or business associate, other than occasional gifts, entertainment or remuneration, which are provided as part of accepted business practice, provide this is not likely to conflict with any duty that is owed to their employer.
- Provide, or encourage their employer to provide, suitable arrangements for the internal review of decision, policies and action where an employee raises concerns of unethical behavior. (Employees should not be penalized for raising matters of ethical concern even if this results in a loss to the organization or customer);
- Incorporate, or encourage their employer to incorporate, ethical standards, including the development of an ethical code.
- Ensure they operate within the Law and within the spirit of the Law, at all times,
- Ensure they deal with regulators in an open, transparent and co-operative manner and meet any requirements correctly made of them.
- Seek to advance the reputation of financial services, financial planning, insurance and associates trades through their own conduct;
- Operate in a way that respects environmental concerns and issues;
- Act in a socially responsible manner within the countries and societies in which they operate;
- Strive to be trusted individuals and fulfill their responsibilities to the societies and communities in which they operate professionally.