If you drive, you need auto insurance coverage. But just exactly which type of coverage should you have, and which ones are you required to have ? Following are the key features of motor insurance (depending on your unique circumstances, you may or may not need all these features):
- Comprehensive: In the event of hail damage or a tree limb falling on your car (risks not involving an automobile collision), this coverage insures you. Comprehensive coverage pays to repair your vehicle.
- Personal injury protection: This type of insurance coverage is for medical and other expenses resulting from an automobile accident for the people specified in the policy, regardless of who is at fault in the accident.
- Medical payments: This feature provides a limited amount of coverage for you and your passengers' medical expenses as a result of an accident. The coverage pays regardless of who is at fault.
- Bodily injury and property damage liability coverage: The insurer agrees to pay damages if you injure someone or his property in an auto accident.
- Third Party Insurance Cover: This type of policy covers you only for Loss of property of third party and does not cover your own damage.
How is your Premium Calculated
- Age & experience of the principal driver of the vehicle
- Territory in which the vehicle is driven (On road or off road)
- If the vehicle is used for personal or business
- Number of drivers of the vehicle, their ages and experience
- Accident records of all drivers
- Make, model and year of the vehicle
- Place of registration
- Vehicle current value
- Prior insurance history
- Agency / non agency requirement.
- Rent a car requirement
- Specification (Oman / GCC coverage)
Documents required for an easy quotation
- Registration Card
- Driving Licence
- Emirates Id
- Last year vehicle value confirmation.
Auto physical damage policies, whether for personal or business vehicles, can cover collision damage as well as assorted perils from fire, wind, hail, vandalism, and malicious mischief, as long as you take out a "comprehensive motor policy.